#8 Turquoise

The first formal claim was filed on this Nevada mine in 1929. The mine was operational for years, producing large nuggets and beautiful spider-web matrix turquoise.In 1950, while looking for copper, the Edgars discovered a deposit of high-grade turquoise that is still legendary today.The Edgars weren’t the first to operate the No.8 mine. It passed hands many times, coming to rest in the hands of Dowell Ward. Today, the mine is considered to be depleted and is no longer operational.No.8 turquoise varies from light to dark blue, but is best known for its high grade, hard light blue stone with a fine spider web matrix.Recognized largely by its spectacular webbing, No.8 also produced some of the largest nuggets of turquoise ever found.